Commercial accounts are now required to recycle. Learn what that means for your business.
If you contract for trash services, contact a local waste hauler to sign up for recycling (mandatory) and compost (optional) collection services. If trash service is provided by your property owner, let them know about Breckenridge’s requirements, which include having recycling collection services in addition to trash.
Note: The Town does not provide municipal hauling services and does not determine or control rates.
1. Work with your hauler to determine the recycling requirements for your business. Commercial properties are required to have 50% recycling volume to trash unless otherwise specified in the Public Works Administrative Rules and Regulations.
2. Confirm storage area complies with requirements in the Town Code 5-6-5.
3. Ensure all common area trash bins have an accompanying recycle bin that is labeled with approved signage.
4. Conduct employee and contractor training annually and within 30 days of new hires. Maintain records of trainings.
5. If glass is served, separate glass recycling and glass bins must also be available in common areas adjacent to trash and recycle bins.
6. Hotels and motels must include recycle bins in any rooms available for overnight lodging.